Grasp Privacy & GDPR
Last Updated: January 25, 2021
We take security of data very seriously and work hard to provide a safe, secure online experience. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites and applications to which links are included on the Platform.
We collect and process personal information about you when you interact with our Platform and Services. Such information may include:
- Your name, email address, username and password;
- Your professional history, personal interests, skills, and other information you entered into your User Profile (“Grasp Profile”);
- Your marketing preferences; and
Most personal information you provide to us is voluntary, unless indicated otherwise. You may remove your Grasp Profile from our database at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Platform and Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- Information you provide to us: we collect information about you when you input it into the Platform or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Profile Information: we collect information about you when you create or modify a profile or when your employer or membership organisation creates or modifies a profile on your behalf. We collect information when you set preferences, sign-up for and/or make requests through the Platform.
- Content you provide: we collect and store content that you post, send, receive and share through the Platform.
- Communications messages: we collect and store messages that you send, receive and share with others through the Platform.
How Information is Used
Personal information you submit to us is used to respond to requests and to aid us in serving you better.
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- As required to provide you with our Platform and Services and establish and fulfill our contract with you and/or your company or membership organisation. This may include verifying your identity, communicating with you and providing customer service;
- As required by us to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we monitor the use of our Platform and Services, and may use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we may use information you provide to personalise our Platform and Services for you;
- we may monitor our Services to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable laws;
- we may use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others;
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research; and
- As required for compliance with applicable laws and protection of Grasp’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
In addition, and where needed with your consent, we may send you messages in relation to our products and services, for example to send notifications about new features. You can opt-out of such messages by following the instructions in the communication.
Sharing Information with Third Parties and International Transfer
If you are using our platform or services as an employee or member of a Grasp customer, you are considered an enterprise user. As such, provisions in this section related to data sharing and data transfer are superseded by written agreements between Grasp and your employer or membership organisation. Under no circumstances does Grasp use your Personal Data for any purpose other than as necessary to provide the services to you and your employer.
Any questions about the provisions contained in the written agreements between Grasp and your employer may be directed to your company or membership organisation administrator. Further, Grasp does not act as the Data Controller for any Personal Data in relation to enterprise users, but as a Data Processor. The terms “Personal Data” and “Data Controller” as used herein have the meanings given in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 or also known as General Data Protection Regulation (see link for more information).
We may also share your data with other third parties, such as governmental authorities or law enforcement officials, if we are required by law to do so or if this is for the protection of our legitimate interests and/or legal rights.
As we operate globally, we handle data transfers to and from countries with differing levels of protection requirements for personal information. We will execute EU Standard Contractual Clauses and have taken various additional safeguards to ensure adequate protection of such transfers, outside of the EEA.
If you would like to learn more about Grasp safeguards, you can contact us directly (see contact information below).
Exercising Your Rights
In your Grasp Profile you can access, update, amend or correct inaccuracies. If you wish to delete your Grasp Profile, you can do so by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
In addition, you are entitled to ask us for a copy of your personal information, to correct or delete certain data or restrict processing of your data. In some cases, you may object to the processing of your information and where we have asked you for your consent to process personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Please note that the rights described above are not absolute, and that your request cannot always be met entirely. For example, sometimes we cannot delete or restrict the processing of your information as we may have legal obligations or contractual obligations to keep certain information.
In order to exercise your rights above and/or submit inquiries or complaints with regard to our processing of your personal data, you may send a request to Grasp by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days.
Should you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to submit a complaint with your local data protection authority.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Where you have a Grasp Profile, we will keep your information for the duration of your use of our Services, and, to the extent permitted, after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out in this notice. Laws may require us to hold certain information for specific periods. In other cases, we may retain data for an appropriate period after any relationship with you ends to protect ourselves from legal claims, or to administer its business.
Information Protection and Security
When you submit information to Grasp, whether it is name or email, we do our utmost to ensure that information is protected against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or unauthorised access. Despite these measures, you should know that Grasp cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any content you post while using the Services is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on our Platform, you can contact us directly (see contact information below).
The privacy policies of linked sites may differ from those of Grasp. Grasp is not responsible for any loss or misuse of your username and password.
Address: 9 Thorney Leys Park